Our School Rules have been devised to maintain maintaining a safe and happy and environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
- All members of the school community should respect one another.
- Show respect for your own and other school property.
- Be polite and sensible around the school and in the classroom.
- Do your best and be responsible for your own behaviour and work.
- Be attentive and listen carefully during lessons.
- Be kind and helpful toward one another to make Step by Step a friendly and happy school.
- Wear the correct school uniform and have the correct kit for PE.
Based on these School Rules, the following expectations outline how pupils are expected to behave in and around the school. Expectations around the school
- To walk through the school sensibly and quietly.
- To walk on the left hand side of the stairs sensibly, safely and quietly.
- To be honest and fair and non judgemental.
- To take pride in the work displayed around the school.
- To respect staff and pupils during lessons and at playtimes.
- To be polite towards staff and pupils and our Didis and Bhaiyyas.
- To look after the school building and all equipment with care and respect.
Expectations in the playground
- To play together amicably.
- To include other children in games, especially if they are new to the school.
- To use the play equipment sensibly.
- To share equipment and take turns whilst playing.
Expectations with regards to work and learning
- To be punctual and prepared for lessons.
- To raise a hand before contributing to class discussion.
- To co-operate with others.
- To listen attentively to adults in the class.
- To attempt tasks independently.
- To try to achieve the highest possible standard.
- To attempt the given task without wasting time.
- To complete homework tasks within the required time.